« Home | 7th run » | 5th,6th run » | 3rd run » | 1st run » | My running -MISSION STATEMENT »

8th run

My running...my running....

After a Friday night that turned out to be "young" (as Shakespeare said) for too long (3am), ay ay ay I woke up Sat morning (at 11am) with a heaviness in my limbs and a generally poor disposition. I have really scattered memories of what exactly I did to occupy my time for a while..probably ate and surfed the net.

Eventually, "duty" got to me and here I was, on my two feet, dressed up, hair pulled in a pony-tail...Out the door I went to a Barnes &Noble! Why? Cuz they have Starbuczzzz and a nice atmosphere, conducive to studying hard.

I got a hot chocolate and sat quietly at a table, solving 50 Math problems. Behind me...four ladies (and another one via cell phone) were having some kind of loud conference-call, about students and classroom activities....ah, but I was too concentrated on my task to care (the dirty looks don't count). I was done in 1 hour and 44 minutes...

But this blog is about running...right? Well, as mentioned before, it isn't JUST about running...Running can function as a prop for something else: studying. There's this test I'm going to take in Feb... I need to create/learn DISCIPLINE. I can do my BEST when juggling multiple hard things. Focusing on just the test...neah! That's why I need my running:)

So Sat evening, at 7:30pm, I went to the Rec Center again...It was cold and I could feel the rain in the air. Not a soul was bothering me..there, in the heart of the suburbs usually so noisy.
The sun was setting again...this time everything around me was milky. Fog was rising from the fields in a calm, warm ballet...I always am seduced by how ever-changing these sunsets are...this one had very delicate red and orange nuances...dying slowly...

I ran the full 1.25 mile trail, in 15 minutes. It seemed too slow for me...maybe next time I should do it in 10-11 min? I must mention here the fact that I stopped for some time, to answer a phone call from a friend, wanting me to go with her to a club that Sat night. The call came in just in time...I was out of breath and exhausted, although there was 1/4th of the distance still to go! Why did that happen? I couldn't stop thinking that it had to do with my messing up my sleep/rest routine the night before:)

I increased my speed on that remaining 1/4th...and was completely out of breath in the end. No good. My lungs hurt...my throat was dry...my 2 t-shirts were soaked (and mind you, one is 100% poliester). The most annoying thing of all was the swamp-like air...so HUMID! I hate it...it makes me sick.

I got home...took a bath...and ended up in my cozy, warm bed, with an amasing book in my hand "Measure of a mountain," by Bruce Barcott. I couldn't put it down...

About me

  • I'm Exam-exam-exam
  • From Michigan, United States
  • I've attempted running for a while...now It's cold in Michigan so I'm taking a break from it. However, there's another MILESTONE I'm "training" for: the big EXAM
My profile